HeartStart FRx w/ Ready-Pack & Aviation Bundle
HeartStart FRx w/ Ready-Pack & Aviation Bundle
With a Rugged and reliable construction the HeartStart FRx AED makes it perfect for the first responder
Rugged design - Ready for real-world use
The HeartStart FRx was built to surpass rigorous testing requirements: withstanding jetting water, crushing loads of up to 500 pounds, and a one-meter drop onto concrete.
On-demand CPR coaching - Talks you through your training
The HeartStart FRx features CPR coaching and intuitive icon-driven operation. Calm, clear voice instructions are tailored to the responder’s actions, providing guidance during the resuscitation of an SCA victim.
Infant/child key - Simplify the rescue of a child
Light weight - Easy to carry
At just 3.5 pounds, the HeartStart FRx is light and portable, allowing for easy transport. Its size and weight make it perfect for police officers, firefighters, and trained public servants.
Built-in self test - Ready when needed
Your HeartStart FRx goes through a 120-point test before it leaves the factory. On the job, it conducts self tests every single day, not just weekly. It performs over 80 different tests in all. Even the pads are tested for readiness.
SMART Biphasic therapy - Safely delivers maximum shock strength
Philips SMART Biphasic therapy uses a unique combination of high current - to increase effectiveness, and a lower energy dose - to decrease side effects that are harmful to a fragile heart.
Quick Shock feature - Minimize chest compression interruptions
CPR is even more vital to survival than previously realized. Rapidly delivering a shock after chest compressions is critical. The HeartStart FRx’s Quick Shock feature reduces the time between hands-off and shock delivery.
Ready-Pack - Ready to rescue, out of the box
The HeartStart FRx Ready-Pack configuration arrives virtually ready-to-rescue. The device is pre-installed in the carry case and the battery and pads are pre-installed in the device. You have peace of mind that it is deployed correctly.
- 1 AED Defibrillator
- 1 Carry Case
- 1 Battery (pre-installed)
- 2 Sets SMART Pads II (1 pre-installed, 1 spare set in carry case)
- 1 Set up / Maintenance guide with expiration date tags
- 1 Owner's Manual
- 1 Quick Reference Guide.
Truncated Exponential Biphasic. Waveform parameters adjusted as a function of each patient’s impedance.
Adult: defibrillation peak current: 32A (150J nominal) into a 50 ohm load. Pediatric: defibrillation (with optional Infant/Child Key installed): 19A (50J nominal) into a 50 ohm load.
Protocol Device follows preconfigured settings. Defibrillation and CPR protocol can be customized using HeartStart Event Review or HeartStart Configure software.
- Instructions: Detailed voice prompts and visual icons guide responder through use of the defibrillator
- CPR Coaching: Voice coaching for adult and infant/child CPR provides instructions and audio cues for the appropriate number, rate and depth of chest compressions, as well as for each breath.
- Controls: Green On/Off button, blue i-button, orange Shock button, optional Infant/Child key.
- Indicators: Ready light, blue i-button, caution light, illuminated pads, icons, Shock button lights up when shock is advised.
- Sealing: Waterjet proof IPX5 per IEC60529; Dust protected IPX5 per IEC60529
- Temperature: Operating/Standby:32° - 122° F (0° - 50° C)
- Altitude: 0 to 15,000 feet
- Aircraft: Device:RTCA/DO-160D;1997
- Crush: 500 pounds
- Vibration: Operating:meets MILSTD 810F Fig.514.5C-17,random; Standby:meets MILSTD 810F Fig.514.5C-18,swept sine.
- EMI (Radiated/Immunity): CISPR II Group I Class B, IEC 61000-4-3, and IEC 61000-4-8
- Patient Analysis: Evaluates patient ECG to determine if a rhythm is shockable. Rhythms considered shockable are ventricular fibrillation (VF), and certain ventricular tachy-cardias (VT) associated with lack of circulation. For safety reasons, some VT rhythms associated with circulation will not be interpreted as shockable, and some very low-amplitude or low-frequency rhythms will not be interpreted as shockable VF.
- Sensitivity / Specificity: Meets AAMI DF80 guidelines and AHA recommendations for adult defibrillation (Circulation 1997;95:1677-1682).
- Shock Advised: Able to deliver a shock as soon as the device indicates a shock is advised.
- Quick Shock: Able to deliver a shock after the end of a CPR interval, typically in eight seconds.
- Shock-to-Shock Cycle Time: Typically less than 20 seconds between shocks in a series.
- Artifact Detection: Advanced signal processing allows accurate ECG analysis even in the presence of most pacemaker artifact and electrical noise sources. Other artifacts are detected and corrective voice prompts issued.
Battery (FAA Compliant):
- Type: 9 Volt DC, 4.2 Ah,lithium manganese dioxide, disposable long-life primary cell.
- Capacity: Minimum 200 shocks or 4 hours of operating time (EN 60601-2-4:2003).
- Install-by Date: Battery is labeled with an install-by date of at least five years from date of manufacture.
- Standby Life: Four years typical when battery is installed by the install by date.(Will power the AED in standby state within the specified standby temperature range, assuming one battery insertion test and no uses.
SMART PADS II:
- How Supplied: Disposable pads case containing adhesive multifunction defibrillator pads.HeartStart plug style connector clicks into device for preconnected pads solution.
- Active Surface Area: 12.4 in² (80 cm²) each
- Cable Length: 48 inches (121.9 cm)
- Use-by Date: Pads case is labeled with a use-by date of at least two years from date of manufacture.
Automated and User-activated Self-tests
- Daily Automatic Self-tests: Tests internal circuitry,waveform delivery system,pads and battery capacity.
- Pads Integrity Test: Specifically tests readiness-for-use of pads (gel moisture).
- Battery Insertion Test: Upon battery insertion, extensive automatic self-tests and user-interactive test check device readiness.
- Status Indicator: Blinking green "Ready" light indicates ready for use.
Data Recording and Transmission:
- Infrared: Wireless transmission of event data to a PC or Palm® PDA, using the IrDA protocol.
- HeartStart Event Review Software: Data management software (optional) for download and review of data retrieved through defibrillator’s infrared data port.
- Data Stored: Stores first 15 minutes of ECG and the entire incident’s events and analysis decisions.
- Height: 2.4" / 6cm
- Width: 8.9" / 22cm
- Depth: 7.1" / 18cm
- With battery and pads case: 3.5lbs / 1.5kg
- Without battery or pads case: 2.6lbs / 1.2kg